Wednesday, July 25, 2007

been a while...

wow...it has been forever (well, March) since i last updated this. for whatever reason I just haven't felt up to it, but I'm going to try to keep it more up to date. One thing that I'm pretty excited about locally is that there's a new fair trade coffee shop/leftist book store in town. and I live in a city of 50000 people. Cities of 50000 people generally don't have leftist bookstores, so I feel quite lucky indeed...

It's called the Organic Underground - all of the food/beverages fall into the fair trade and/or organic categories...and there's a good selection of left (mostly anarchist - but i plan on changing that - the store owners, one of whom i've done a fair bit of organizing with in the past, is letting me help out with the books...so i plan on getting some more socialist literature in there.)

one other great thing about this place is that it's open for use as a space for public meetings/forums/etc - something that has been severely lacking in this town for as long as i can remember (well at least as long as i can remember being politically conscious)

on top of all of this, and i can play go there as well. pinch me, i'm dreaming!

1 comment:

Frank Partisan said...

I hope you keep posting.

In Minneapolis we have two lefty bookstores.




Regards.